Residential New Construction
Residential New Construction Permit Required Documents
Permit Application, to include licensed Contractors & Craftsmen.
Site plan/survey prepared and signed by a registered Kansas design professional. This drawing will need to include the following:
- Location and actual dimensions of the lot to be occupied.
- Location and dimension of any existing easements.
- The dimensions and location on the lot of the building or improvement to be erected altered or enlarged.
- Rear lot elevations (not required for fencing plans).
- Front elevations at property line extended to curb line.
- Landscaping and/or screening, if required.
- Proposed drainage patterns.
- All finished floor elevations.
- Proposed fence locations.
- Proposed erosion control features.
- Location of proposed water and sanitary sewer.
- Proposed sidewalk location.
Additional information may be required as necessary by the Codes Administrator for any permit application.
- Existing contours.
- Proposed contours.
- Drainage plan.
Building permits taken out after a project has been started are charged a penalty fee that is double the permit fee, up to a maximum of $500.00.
Real property taxes and installments of special assessments against all properties within the corporate limits of the City which are owned by the applicant*, and which are due and owing on the date the permit is issued, will be paid in full.
*Applicant includes any person or legal entity that has an ownership interest in the parcel and any person or legal entity that will perform the work for which a building permit is issued.